Tried out Rich chocolate cake posted by Nasi Lemak Lover
I make 2 mini cakes instead of one. One is for my son's friend.
This cake was indeed rich and chocolatey...Thank you Sonia for sharing!
Rich chocolate sponge cake
(recipe source: adapted from 羿溱 , original recipe from 美味糕点新主张)
50g corn oil
80g full cream milk
15g cocoa powder (I use Valhorna cocoa powder)
100g semi-sweet chocolate (I use normal cooking chocolate)
90g egg yolks (5 medium eggs)
180g egg white (5 medium eggs)
100g caster sugar
75g cake flour
150g dairy whipping cream
120g semi-sweet chocolate
1. Heat corn oil and milk over a pot of simmering water.
2. Add in chocolate, and stir till melted.
3. Add in cocoa powder, stir well. Add in egg yolks once slightly cooled.
4. In another clean bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until foamy, gradually add in sugar and beat till glossy and soft peaks form.
5. Take one-third of egg whites mixture to mix with the egg yolk chocolate mixture using a hand whisk. Then fold in the remaining egg white using a spatula until well combined.
6. Sift in the flour, slowly fold well.
7. Pour batter into a 7” round cake pan with removable base.
8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 180c for 40mins.
9. Immediately inverted the cake pan and cool on a wire rack.
10. Make ganache by melt chocolate over simmering water, add in cream and butter, stir well till smooth.
11. Pour ganache over the cake and refrigerate in the fridge before serve.