Kerokerokeroppi is my fav cartoon charactor when i was young. So this was the first cartoon bun or bao i am trying out.
Recipe adapted from a chinese recipe book
Pre Dough :-
200gm Bao Flour
1/2tsp instant yeast
Roughly mixed the above, covered & let proof for 2 hours
Main Dough :-
100gm Bao flour
30gm caster sugar
all the above predough
1/2 tsp sea salt
adequate red bean paste
for coloring :-
2 tsp homemade pandan paste
Mix & knead all the above till you get a smooth dough( except the pandan paste)
Take out 50 gm of the white dough . Add 2 tsp of homemade pandan paste into the balance of the dough. mix well.
Divide the 50gm white dough into 20 pcs , roll into small ball. This will be the eyes
Divide the pandan dough into 10 portion (about 40gm each)
Wrap in the red bean paste. Put the pair of eyes on top.
Covered & let proof till double .
Steamed from cold water for 12 mins. Let stand 3 mins before opening the cover
In the meantime prepare some charcoal powder , mixed with a bit water.
Once time is up, uncover & paint the eyes & mouth of the frog using a skewer.
Cover & steamed again for another 2 mins. It's done!
Monday, June 8, 2015
recipe adapted from Anncoo
20 gm Whipping Cream (i omitted)
35 gm Butter, melted
1/2 T lemon juice
30 gm Plain Flour (i used Cake Flour)
15 gm Cornflour
50 gm Caster Sugar
1) Combine yogurt, melted butter, lemon juice, stir well
2) Add in Whipping cream & yolks. Mix well
3) Add Sieved flour. Mix till smooth
4) Whisk white & sugar will soft peak. Fold into yolk mixture
Careful , do not deflate it.
5) Pour into 6" round cake pan (lined & grease the base only)
6) Drop a few teaspoon mulberry jam on top
7) Bake bain marie in preheated oven at 150 C for 60 mins
8) Leave cake in pan till cool before removing it.