Make a green tea chiffon cake yesterday, using nasi lemak lover's recipe
Green Tea chiffon cake with Whipped Cream
(recipe source: adapted from Okashi-sweet treats made with love, with minor changes)
*makes a 20cm chiffon cake
70g cake flour
10g green tea powder
5 egg yolks (medium)
20g castor sugar
60g corn oil / Canola oil
5 egg white
90g castor sugar
200g Whipping cream (35% fat)
15g castor sugar
1. Sift flour and green tea powder together twice.
2. Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and mix well.
3. Add in water and corn oil and blend together.
4. Add in flour and green tea powder mixture and mix until batter becomes sticky. Set aside.
5. Make meringue, combine sugar and cornstarch. Beat egg white until foamy.
6. Add half the sugar and cornstarch mixture and continue beating for few minutes, then add remaining sugar and cornstarch mixture and beat until egg whites are glossy with stiff peaks.
7. Add one-third of meringue to egg yolk mixture and fold in lightly, then add remaining meringue and fold to incorporate completely.
8. Pour batter into an ungreased 20cm chiffon cake pan.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160c for 40-50mins.
10. Once cake is done, remove from oven and turn the pan over. Leave to cool in pan.
11. Make red bean cream. Combine whipping cream and sugar in a clean bowl.
12. Place bowl over a larger bowl filled with ice cubes and water.
13. Using an electric mixer, whip cream at medium speed until stiff peaks form (do not over-whip).
14. Mix whipped cream and red bean paste.
15. Cover chiffon cake with red bean cream using a spatula and decorate as desired.
16. Store in fridge before serve.
this cake is so soft and moist.