Thanks again to Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover for sharing this wonderful recipe
Recipe from Sonia @ Nasi Lemak Lover
190g butter ( I used Golden Churn Butter)
100g icing sugar
50g egg white
220g Top flour or Cookie flour ( I used Supreme Cake Flour)
2tsp custard powder ( I used Corn Flour)
50g ground almond
For egg wash-3 egg yolks + 1tbsp milk
1. Cream butter and icing sugar on low speed for 1 minute. Scrape mixing bowl and continue to mix on medium high speed for 3-4minutes till light and fluffy.
2. Add in egg white and mix on medium high speed for 1min.
3. Add in ground almond, mix well. Sifted in cookie flour and custard powder. Mix for 1 min to form soft dough (dough is wet).
4. Spread the dough onto the tray. Cover a plastic sheet on top and roll evenly with a rolling pin. Remove the plastic sheet.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 170C (lower rack, fan forced) for 4mins until half cooked.
6. Take out from oven and let cool for 1min. Use a pizza cutter or knife, slice into rectangles.
7. Brush with egg yolk and place two pieces of almond flake on each of the cookie repeat until finished.