I am happy ...yeah! i managed to get a tall and fluffy chiffon cake. Pandan flavour has been a popular choice when comes to chiffon cake...the aroma fills my house ...yumm...
Thanks to nasi lemak lover for sharing this wonderful recipe
Recipe : (makes one 21cm chiffon pan)
5 egg yolks
60g water + 20g homemade pandan paste
80g corn oil
125g cake flour
5 egg whites
1/2tsp lemon juices or 1/2tsp cream of Tartar
1. Lightly whisk egg yolks and sugar till combined.
2. Add in water, homemade pandan paste and corn oil, mix well.
3. Add in cake flour, stir and fold till well combine.
4. Whisk egg whites and lemon juices till foamy, slowly add in sugar and continue beat until soft peak formed.
5. Take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
6. Fold in 2/3 or meringue and use a spatula, fold with egg yolk batter till combined.
7. Pour into chiffon tins, bake at pre-heated oven at 160c (fan-forced) for 40-45mins.
8. Once baked, turn your chiffon tin upside down and cool completely before remove from the tin.