Happy New YEar 2013 to all !
Today is the first day of a new year, I have make this bavarian cream & jelly from the balance of fresh strawberry that i picked back from Dahu Taiwan
Actually this was my third try on this delicious melt in your mouth dessert.
Recipe makes 10 pcs of 100ml jar.
Recipe adapted from wendyinkk.blogspot.com
Strawberry Jelly :
250gm Fresh Strawberry
1T lemon juice
1T gelatin powder
** Prepare the strawberry juice first in advance so that you can recycle back the pulp into the bavarian cream
1) Chop strawberry into quarter.
2) Place strawberry, sugar & water into saucepan, lightly press the strawberries to release juice. Bring to boil.
3) strain the juice with a strainer , Don't press the fruits at this point.
** This following steps to be done ONLY when the bavarian Cream has set.
4) Bring the strained strawberry juice to boil, remove from fire.
5) Sprinkle in the gelatin powder & stir to melt it.
6) Add in the lemon juice. Wait for it to turn cool down and turn syrupy before adding into the set bavarian cream
Strawberry Bavarian Cream
150gm Fresh Strawberry + recycle pulp from strawberry jelly
1T lemon juice
1-1/2 T gelatin powder
200gm whipped cream
1) Puree the strawberry and sprinkle in the gelatin powder. stir well.
2) Whip the yolks with sugar till fluffy.
3) Bring the milk to boil & pour in to the yolk mixture while stirring . Mix well.
4) Return the mixture to fire and cook at low fire , stirring constantly until your finger leaves a clear trail in sauce when drwan acrosss the back of the spoon.
5) Remove from fire and add in th starwberry puree.
6) Place over a bowl of ice water and stir occasionally to prevent the side from solidifying.
7) Meantime , whip the cream till soft peak.
8) When strawberry gelatin mixture has cooled & thickened, mix in the whipped cream.