I have make a chilled Mango Cheesecake for Mom's Birthday celebration
Recipe is from Sotong Cooks Blog.
Chilled Mango Cheese Cake
Sponge Cake Layer
5 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla essence
100g caster sugar
1/4 tsp salt
125 ml milk
125 ml veg cooking oil
175g cake flour/superfine flour
2 tsp baking powder
5 egg whites
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
100g caster sugar
1) Prepare a 9 inch loose base cake tin. Preheat oven to 170 °C.
2) Sift cake flour and baking powder. Then combine together with egg yolks, vanilla essence, caster sugar and salt. Gradually add in milk and oil and mix till smooth.
3) In a mixer bowl, whisk egg whites and cream of tartar till foamy.Gradually add in sugar and whisk till stiff peaks.
4) Fold 1/3 of the egg whites into the egg yolk batter to loosen. Fold in the rest of the egg whites till well combined.
5) Pour the cake batter into the tin and bake for 40-45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when tested.
6) Invert the cake and let cool on wire rack. Once cooled, remove cake from the tin.
7) Trim and slice cake into 2 even layers.
Mango Cheese Filling
500g Cream Cheese
80g Caster Sugar
2 Tbs Lemon Juice
400g Mango Puree ( 1 use 200gm Mango Filings)
200g pouring cream ( 1 use Whip cream)
3 Tbs Gelatin
300g whipped cream
cubed Mango (from 2 medium sized Mangoes)
Mixed Fruits Topping
1T Instant Jelly
1) In a mixer bowl or a food processor, beat the cream cheese together with sugar until smooth and sugar has dissolved.
2) In another bowl, mix mango filings together with the lemon juice. Set aside. (Taste the puree and if it's too sour add more caster sugar 1 tablespoons at a time until the desired sweetness is obtained)
3) In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin on water and let it bloom for a few minutes. Then zap in the micowave for a few seconds and stir to dissolve. When the gelatine powder is fully dissolved, add to mango puree. Then add in the pouring cream. Mix well.
4) Gradually pour the mango filings mixture into the beaten cream cheese. Blend well. Fold in whipped cream. Gently mix well till incorporated and smooth.5) Use a round cake ring or a deep cake tin with removable base or springform tin, place a layer of cake and pour in mango cheese filling. Add half the mango cubes and cover them with some cheese filling. Lay another cake layer, add the remaing mango cubes and pour in the remaining cheese filling. Make sure the cheese filling covers the mango cubes. Let the cake chill for at least 3 hours to set before removing the cake ring
6) Spread the fruit cocktail on top and whipped cream for star border.
Put the cake in freezer for 10 mins. Boiled 100ml water and 1 T sugar till melted, add in 1/2 T instant jelly . Mixed well. Glazed on top of the cake
This cake was cheesy & cake is soft. Well received by all.