Make a simple sponge cake with fresh fruits for her.
Recipe adapted from sonia
4 egg yolks (large)
20g caster sugar
50g corn oil
1/2tsp vanilla extract
90g cake flour
4 egg white (large)
1/4tsp lemon juices or 1/4tsp cream of tartar
60g caster sugar
1. Lightly whisk egg yolk with sugar.
2. Add in corn oil and milk, stir to combine.
3. Add in cake flour, mix well, set aside.
4. Add lemon juices into egg white, beat till foamy.
5. Gradually add in sugar, beat till stiff peaks
6. Take 1/3 portion of egg white mixture and use hand whisk to mix with egg yolk mixture till light.
7. Fold the balance of egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture, combine well.
8. Pour batter into the pan (don’t line with paper), bake at pre-heated oven at 140c for 25mins (at lower rack), then increase to 170C (at lower rack) and continue to bake for 30mins.
For Decoration :-
400gm non-dairy whipping cream
1 canned halves peach
After the cake cooled, slice evenly to 3 slices.
|Whip the non dairy whipping cream till stiff|
|Slice cake evenly|
|Do a crumb coat & fridge for 15 mins to set|
After crumb coating. you may decorate as you wish.
Best served cake when cooled.